How to Setup and troubleshoot SETEK WIFI Extender?
How to Setup and Configure Your SETEK WIFI Extender Using the WPS Method
To Setup SETEK WIFI Extender using the WPS follow the instruction explained below.
- Switch on the Power to the Extender
After you have plugged your extender into a functioning wall socket that is close to your router, you will need to wait a few seconds for the power light to come on.
- To access the WPS Buttons, Press
Find the WPS button on the router, then push and keep it pressed for a count of one to two seconds. After that, you will need to hold down the WPS button on your SETEK WIFI extender for a few seconds before letting go of it.
- Your Router is Connected to the Extender at This Time.
When you have finished pushing the WPS button on each of your devices, wait around thirty seconds for the range extender to automatically restart itself. If the indicator light on your extender flashes off and on again, this indicates that it is successfully connected to your network.
- Adjust the Extender so that it is in the Most Preferred Position
The configuration is now complete, and all that remains is for you to place the extension in an appropriate area. It needs to be situated somewhere in the middle between your router and the region that suffers from a weak Wi-Fi signal. Take into consideration that any place you choose must be accessible through your Wi-Fi network. If you are having trouble configuring your SETEK WIFI extender, please try setting it up once again and double-check that you have followed each step properly. If you are still having trouble configuring it, try resetting both the Extender & your router before attempting to configure it once again.
Steps for SETEK WiFi Extender Factory Reset
- To begin, locate the reset button on your SETEK Wi-Fi range extender & hold down the button for ten seconds.
- At this point, you must wait for the red LED light to come on.
- After that, have patience for the next thirty seconds while you make your way toward the SETEK WIFI extender.
- The next step is to fill up the address column with the address of the default gateway.
- Be sure that you are using the right IP address when you input it; the default IP address is 192.168.1.50.
- Tap the management tab, which is located on the screen’s right-hand side if you’re using a computer.
- Find the button that says “restore factory settings,” then click on it to go on with the process.
- There will be a warning popup that asks you to confirm your activity that will show on your screen.
- You’ll need to press the OK button to carry on with the factory reset.
How to Fix SETEK Wi-Fi Range Extender Not Working Issue?
- To begin with, ensure that both the SETEK WIFI extender as well as the Wi-Fi home router is powered on by first plugging them into the appropriate power outlets.
- It is necessary to have the SETEK WIFI range extender and the router in the same room to make a WPS connection between them.
- After that, the green light on the SETEK WIFI extension will begin flashing in an intermittent pattern.
- Next, operate the SETEK Wi-Fi extender by pressing and holding the WPS button for two seconds.
- Next, within two seconds after pushing the WPS button on the SETEK extender, you will need to click the WPS button on the router.
- On the SETEK Wi-Fi extension and router, the LED light will begin flashing in a blinking pattern.
- The SETEK Wi-Fi extender will connect to the Wi-Fi home network after around 10–15 seconds have passed.
- On the SETEK extender, a connection that has been successfully formed is indicated by a green LED light that remains solidly lit.
- You may now disconnect your SETEK Wi-Fi range extender and then re-plug it in at a location that is halfway between the router and the dead zone for Wi-Fi signals.
If you have a Linksys Extender and want to setup it easily read this Article- Setup Linksys RE7000