- Connect the Linksys RE7000 to an electrical outlet.
- Now, connect your computer or mobile device to the Linksys RE7000’s default WIFI name, Linksys Extender setup, using a device. One must check the Wi-Fi connection properly before the setup procedure begins.
- Launch the setup by opening a browser on your device and entering “extender.linksys.com” or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and clicking enter. Then click Setup to begin.
- Create an administrator password and a password hint, and click Save.
- Choose a wireless range extender, then click Next.
- You should select your current WiFi network and provide its password when prompted to do so.
- Create SSIDs for the expanded network and a wireless password.
- The Spot Finder is the only accessible in range extender mode. This characteristic controls the signal strength between the range extender and the router. If your range extender is too far from your router, disconnect it and move it closer before reconnecting to its default SSID and going to “http://extender.Linksys.com/.”
- Your device will now automatically check for available updates and will install them.
LINKSYS RE7000 EXTENDER SETUP USING WPS
Setting up a using WIFI protected setup may be accomplished in 2 ways. You can configure WPS by using the physical button on your Linksys router or by accessing the device’s web-based setup page and selecting one of three choices.
- WIFI protected setup (WPS) button
- Web-based WPS button
- Using the WPS PIN
- Using the client’s PIN
Linksys WIFI protected setup (WPS) button
Press the WPS user Added picture button on the side of your range extender if your router has a WIFI-protected setup.
Web-based WIFI protected setup (WPS) button
Login to the range extender and click Wireless, WPS. Then press the WPS button on your client device to start the WPS process.
Using the WPS PIN
Using the range extender’s web-based setup page, input your client device’s WPS PIN in the second box. Click on the Register button next to it.
Linksys Using the client’s PIN
Enter the PIN indicated in the third box into your client’s device if they request a router PIN from you.
LINKSYS RE7000 EXTENDER SETUP WEB-BASED
- Connect the range extender from your Linksys device to the power socket. Before continue, wait until all of the indicator lights become stable.
- You can connect your computer to the ethernet port on your Linksys range extender using an ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and type in the Linksys range extender’s IP address. By default, 192.168.1.1 or Extender.linksys.com is used as the IP address.
- When asked, you will need to provide both a user name and a password. Do not type anything in the User name box. Instead, type “admin” in the Password field and click the OK or Login button.
For downloading, you’ll see the hardware version labeled “version,” “ver,” or “V.” If your Linksys product does not have a version number next to the model number, it is version 1. If you cannot locate your version number, please contact us.
Follow the following steps for updating the Firmware for Linksys RE7000
* Access the Linksys RE7000 Or Linksys AC1900 web-based setup page of your range extender
* Under administrator in the web-based setup, click Firmware Upgrade.
* It can be performed using two of the following techniques. Click on the technique you want to follow.
Automatic update – the extender will automatically detect if there is any new available firmware and it will update itself.
Manual update – if u want to do a manual update select a file and select the firmware file that you have downloaded.
Go ahead and click the Save button.
Wait for the update to complete by clicking on the Start Upgrade button. While the update is taking place, do not power-cycle the Linksys WIFI extender RE7000.
* The Linksys range extender can be RESET via the web-based setup page.
* Select Factory Defaults from the Administration menu.
* Right-click on the Restore Factory Defaults option.
* To finish the operation, disconnect the range extender from the power outlet and wait 30 seconds before reconnecting it.
* Reconnect the device.
One thought on “HOW TO SETUP LINKSYS RE7000 EXTENDER?”
Thank you for another informative web site. The place else could
I am getting that kind of info written in such
an ideal manner? I have a project that I’m simply now operating on, and I have
been on the glance out for such info.