How to Setup and Configure Your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender Using WPS
Try the simple and easy to understand steps to Setup Netgear WIFI Extender–
- First things first, check to see whether the Netgear range extender is switched on.
- Locate the WPS button on your device and press and hold it for some time.
- You’ll need to press the WPS button that’s provided on the current router.
- When the router has successfully set up its connection with the extender, the LED light on the router will become solid green.
- Repeat the previous steps to set up a dual-band range extender.
- Connect your device to the network provided by the extension and ensure that you use the same password as your primary router’s network.
- You may find the default username and password for the Wi-fi extender in the handbook for the device.
- Therefore, the extended range of your NETGEAR range has been set up. Now is the time to connect your Wi-fi devices to the extended NETGEAR_EXT SSID to get a continuous internet connection across your home or place of business.
Setup NETGEAR WIFI Extender as Access Point.
- If your extender has a switch that can be set to either Access Point or Extender, make sure the switch is set to Access Point.
- Connect your range extender to one of the LAN ports located on the rear of your router by using an Ethernet wire.
- Connect the extension to a power source using the plug provided.
- Attend the illumination of the Power LED.
- To turn the device on if the Power LED is dark, hit the Power button.
- You may connect to the NETGEAR_EXT network using a computer or mobile device that has Wi-fi capabilities.
- Open a browser to the Internet and go to the address mywifiext.net.
- Tap or click the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button.
- To create an account, fill out the required information, and then click or tap the NEXT button
- If the NETGEAR installation assistant prompts you to choose an installation type, choose Access Point by clicking or tapping the appropriate option.
- To complete configuring your extender as an access point, just follow the on-screen directions.
How to RESET NETGEAR Wi-fi Extender
- Check to see whether the power light on your Wi-fi range extender from NETGEAR is illuminated.
- After that, locate the button on your range extender that is labeled “reset.”
- You may use a paper clip or a pin or any other tiny thing.
- Once the power is on, you may let go of the button.
How to Log in to NETGEAR extender using mywifiext.net
- Connect the Nighthawk range extender to the available electrical socket.
- Navigate to the settings menu for your wireless network using the WI-FI option.
- Open a web browser of your choice after selecting the “NETGEAR_EXT” network.
- Now, in the address box, enter mywifiext.net, and then press the search button.
- You have been sent to the setup page for the Nighthawk range extender.
- To connect your extender with your existing network, you will first need to create an account and then follow the instructions.