Setup a Ring Doorbell using the Ring App
- 1st step: Download the Ring App.
- 2nd step: Create or Sign in to your Account.
- 3rd step: Tap “Setup Device”
- 4th Step: Scan either the MAC ID barcode or the QR code that is located on your Ring device.
- 5th step: Indicate where you are located.
- 6th step: Give Your Device a Name
- 7th Step: In the Ring app, follow the instructions for physically installing the device.
- 8th Step: Turn on your Video Doorbell Pro.
- 9th step: Connect Your Ring Device to Your System.
- 10th step: Connect the Video Doorbell Pro to your Wi-Fi network.
- 11th Step: Put Your Device to the Test.
Troubleshooting steps for the Ring Video Doorbell
Failed WIFI connection
- When you press the Ring’s button, it makes a sound.
- The Ring app doesn’t provide you any notifications.
- There are no recorded events in the Ring app.
Indicators of a weak Wi-Fi signal include: blurry or distorted video.
- Notifications that have been delayed.
- Notifications are sometimes not received.
- There is a disconnect between the Ring and Movement events
- Failed to establish a connection with Live View.
- Connecting to Live View takes more than a few seconds.
Consequences of Insufficient Power:
- Dropping out of your wifi network on a regular basis
- Frequently shutting off (the white light on the front will turn off)
- Getting numb in the middle of a live event
- The internal doorbell is not appropriately ringing.
- The night vision does not function.
- Ring Pro works good for a few events, however after that, it suddenly stops.
Within the Ring app, reconnecting your video doorbell or security camera to your Wi-Fi connection may be accomplished by following the steps below.
1. To access the menu, choose the three lines in the upper left corner.
2. Choose the doorbell or security camera that has to be reconnected to the Wi-Fi network; the next screen should be the device screen. Dashboard
3. Select the device’s health option.
4. Simply choose the option to reconnect the Wi-Fi network or modify your Wi-Fi network settings.
5. Keep in mind that the case of the password matters while using Wi-Fi. If you have forgotten the password to your wireless network, it may be written on the underside or one of the sides of your router.
6. After your device has been successfully linked to Wi-Fi, you can go back to the Device Dashboard page and check the Network section to see how strong your Wi-Fi signal is.
7. This is how you can setup a Ring door bell or camera again.
Without Wi-Fi, the Ring Doorbell cannot be used to its full potential. If there is no internet connection, the device will not be able to provide live stream data to mobile devices, desktops, or tablets, and it will not be able to store recordings in the cloud. When Wi-Fi is not accessible, a Ring Doorbell reverts to a traditional doorbell, which means it does not have any “smart” functions. You will have access to advanced features like push alerts and live feeds whenever you connect to an internet network, regardless of whether that network is Wi-Fi or a hotspot. However, before you link your doorbell to a hotspot, you should first make sure that your data consumption has been assessed. If you want to regularly check the live stream from the doorbell, you should avoid connecting it to a hotspot since doing so will cause significant consumption of your mobile data.
The battery is the primary source of power for a Ring Doorbell, however. However, solar power is also an available alternative. You may be capable of reducing your monthly energy costs since you will not have to connect them to the electrical grid. You also do not need to dig holes in the wall for the cabling for the doorbell to function properly. Despite this, one of the doorbell’s potential configurations involves hardwiring it.
If you decide to go this route, you should exercise caution while you’re doing it on your own. To the greatest extent feasible, you should have a professional electrician do it for you. If you have never worked on anything electrical before, you should do it that way so that you can avoid any potential danger. Whenever the power goes out, having a hardwired option is beneficial since it allows you to utilize the battery as just a backup source of power.